Brass memorial plaque from Farnborough Methodist Church erected by the British Red Cross on the wall of the building, in appreciation of the loan of the building for use as a hospital during the First World War. The inscription reads: 'This tablet was erected by the British Red cross Society as a mark of appreciation and permanent record of the loan of this building for the purpose of a military hospital from October 16th 1914 to December 31st 1918. During that period the service were conducted in the adjacent schools while the needs of over five hundred wounded and sick soldiers - British and allied - were ministered to by the Farnborough Voluntary Aid Detachment (Kent 80).
Inscription text - see description
Associated Person and Role
British Red Cross Society. Kent Branch