Brass door plate, engraved: Greater London Blood Transfusion Service
See full details
The Greater London Blood Transfusion Service was started by the then Honorary Secretary of the Camberwell Division, Percy Lane Oliver in 1921. He was asked to find a suitable donor for a patient at King's College Hospital. He set up a panel of voluntary blood donors who were able to give fresh blood to hospitals in Greater London and soon panels were set up all over the country.
Subject auto tags
All images are the property of the British Red Cross Museum and Archives (unless otherwise indicated), and cannot be used without permission. For queries about permission to use images, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.